Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

40 trash bags for Lent

I have unofficially joined Simply Catholic with the 40 trash bag challenge, and it is going pretty well too. So far I have gotten rid of 16 bags of toys, and that was just the first run through all the toys we had in the basement. I can probably get rid of another 6 or so before the kids start to miss anything. We had way to many toys! I also have about 10 bags worth of junk and garbage that I cleaned out of the basement and garage, but I hope to not count that in the 40 bags. I should be able to come up with the remaining 24 bags just in baby and kids clothes that need to be gotten rid of. The challenge is to finish Ariana's room and go through clothes on top of classes and other routine cleaning and meetings in the next 2 1/2 weeks. I don't know for sure that it can be done, but I will try! Though, I do have other areas I can work on and appliances to get rid of to help get to 40 bags.

The best part of this challenge is how good it feels to get rid of stuff! I have a long way to go, but it is really nice to have open space where there used to be clutter.

If you want to read more about the 40 trash bag challenge below is the link:

http://simplycatholic.net/2009/02/11/40-bags-of-stuff-2/

No comments: