Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More Progress on the 40 Bags

I watched a few episodes about Hoarders through You Tube a few nights ago (Part 1 of one of the episodes below). I grew up in a very cluttered home and heard many of the excuses the hoarders used in the show from my parents - it was weird and almost a relief to realize I wasn't the only one who went through that kind of childhood. While my house has way more things than we need or want, I hope I can keep from suffering from the debilitating need to keep things.

To test myself and because I don't think anyone can watch those shows and not get rid of something, I started working on my 40 bags a lot more. I'm also fighting a cold, so in addition to the discomforts of being 8 months pregnant, I had trouble breathing over the weekend though I am improving everyday. I'm taking it easy, but still working!

Over the weekend, I managed to go through the hall closet and the bathroom, and came up with 1 1/2 bags. I'm only counting 1 since that was garbage and is officially out of the house.

Today the weather was fantastic, so we went through the yard and gathered all the garbage and got it into the truck. Another 11 bags (though big yard bags vs the 13 gal ones we have been using) plus a bunch of cardboard!

12 down, 28 to go with 2 1/2 weeks left until Easter!

Hopefully either later today or tomorrow I will be able to get the garage done so that the yard sale things can be shifted to one place - and gotten rid of if the yard sale falls through.

Progress is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go.
suks that you have some of the original hoarders stuff though