Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting started

I have started and restarted this blog a few times with different posts. I am finally ready to say that this is the last first post I am doing. I don't know where I will go with my posts or if I will have a set plan for who I invite and what content I have. I'm just going to go with it and see where this blog ends up.
My biggest 'problem' has been the immense responsibility I feel in posting my thoughts online for others to read (however few it may be). I have plenty of thoughts on a broad range of topics, and many of my opinions are fluid (and may change over time on some issues), but I do not have enough experience and education to feel like an authority on any subject (I have a tendency to sound like I do though). I know why I have the opinions I do and I am very fond of logic and research so I am comfortable with where I stand, but the responsibility of possibly turning people away from what is good scares me. I have done enough damage in my life and I am so scared of doing more that I prefer being in the background where no one sees me, doing the best I can to make a difference without recognition or blame. I know that God sees everything and knows exactly how my actions and words hurt or heal, but putting myself out here like this is a whole new level for me. I will just have to see where this all goes.

No comments: