Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

40 Trash Bags for Lent

The idea is to get rid of 40 bags of stuff from around the house during Lent. I did reasonably well last year, and I hope to actually reach 40 bags this year. This fantastic idea came from Simply Catholic, and I may even join in the "support group" officially this year.

The catch for this year is that I am almost on bedrest right now. Apparently moving and fixing the couch was a bit too much, and my body cried "Uncle!" the next day. I can still be up and moving around, but I cannot lift much and am supposed to rest more than anything else. I also managed to catch a cold that has now become a sinus infection so I really need to work on the rest thing. My midwife is ok with a home birth at 36 weeks (though she emphasized 37 is better) with my history, so I figure there are only 6 weeks left, then I can get back to the normal routine.

So, I get to try and gather 40 bags without lifting or moving around too much. I love a challenge. The kids will be helping quite a bit I am sure, and I will try and rope my husband in too. Worst case I can finish the 40 bags in the last 9 days of Lent...well...maybe not finish, but at least make a dent.

My oldest has a friend coming to help her finish her room, since painting is not something I can do right now, and hopefully it will get done or very close to it by the end of the weekend. I'm sure while moving her into the new room we will find some things to put in the bags.

Then of course there are the clothes, the 10 or so boxes I have set aside in the garage and the 8 falling apart boxes of stuff that Jeff hasn't looked at in years...

No comments: